Photo: Barge carrying pit props on the Swansea Canal near Pantyffynnon, Cwmtawe c1914 (Mrs Meinir Williams)
Our SNIPPETS page lists several topics which can be found in the book and will give a flavour and example of the fascinating history of the mine and it’s men.
Click on the labels below for further information on each topic.
- ANTHRACITE COALS
- CILYBEBYLL MINING HISTORY
- CWM-NANT-LLWYD MINES
- COLLIERY STRIKES
- PIT PONIES
- THE ‘DUST’
- MINING EQUIPMENT
- COAL MINING HEROES
- NICKEL AND TARENI COLLIERY
- PIT PROPS
- SWANSEA CANAL AND COAL CARRYING
- RAILWAY INFRASTRUCTURE AT TARENI
- GODRE’R GRAIG CEMETERY
- GODRE’R GRAIG AND COALMINING
- TARENI COLLIERY – THE BOOK
If these snippets of the book make you want to read more in “Tareni Colliery, The Mine, The Miners and Their Communities: A History of a Mining Enterprise in the Swansea Valley” then these are the details you’ll need:
- Price £30.00 plus p&p £4.95 ISBN: 978-1-5272-0129-3.
- It is available straight from us for collection to save postage (we can even drop it off if convenient) – for this go to Contact Us
- OR you can purchase it through ebay at ebay/TareniColliery
RETURN TO HOME Home